Skill Level: No prior sewing experience required, appropriate for total beginners.
Cost: $170; $10 extra to rent a machine.
Schedule: 10 hours of instruction broken into 2, 3 or 4 sessions (see upcoming dates/times listed in the drop-down menu)
Class size limited to 5 students.
This comprehensive class is great for total beginners, those needing a brush-up, and those who want to venture into the world of garment-making. You'll bring your choice of pattern & fabric to class (suggestions are provided upon registration) and learn to cut and sew it together and make fit alterations, plus you'll learn how to use a sewing machine to complete your project.
- attachments and tools used in garment sewing
- choosing the correct needle & thread for your project
- determining different fabric types
- how to sew a straight seam & backstitch
- machine tension and troubleshooting
- how to take your measurements and pattern sizing
- determining yardage requirements
- Simple pattern/garment alterations
You must pre-register for this class to reserve your space using Paypal or a credit card. For other payment options contact us at 510-681-3779.Please note: I do have cats at my studio, and I make sure to vacuum before classes, but you may want to take allergy medicine if you are allergic.Class supply list can be found here. Please read my rescheduling/refund policies before registering for class.
- Darts, waistbands, hems, seam finishes